Green Home Grant
What is the Green Homes Grant?The Governent has announced that Homeowners and landlords in England can apply for a voucher towards the cost of installing energy efficient heating improvements to homes, which could help save up to £600 a year on energy bills. A voucher will be provided that will cover up to two thirds of the cost of qualifying improvements to your home. The maximum value of the voucher is £5,000. You may be able to receive a higher level of subsidy if you are a homeowner and either you or a member of your household receives one of the qualifying means-tested benefits, covering 100% of the cost of the improvements. The maximum value of these voucher is £10,000. Landlords cannot apply for the low-income part of the scheme.
What improvements can I get?The vouchers must be used to install at least one primary home insulation or low carbon heating measure. If you choose to install at least one of the primary measures, you can use your voucher to help cover the cost of secondary measures. The subsidy for the secondary measure is capped at the value of the subsidy provided for the primary measures. For example, if you receive £400 for a primary measure such as a cavity wall insulation, you will be able to receive a maximum of £400 for a secondary measure such as an energy efficient replacement door.
Please find a list of the Primary and Secondary measures outlined below:Primary Measures
- Solid wall insulation (internal or external)
- Flat roof insulation
- Under-floor insulation (solid floor, suspended floor)
- Room in roof insulation
- Insulating a park home
- Pitched roof insulation
- Cavity wall insulation
- Loft insulation
Low carbon heat
The following low carbon heating measures are covered by the voucher
- Air source heat pump
- Ground source heat pump
- Solar thermal (liquid filled flat plate or evacuated tube collector)
- Biomass boiler
- Hybrid heat pump
- Draught proofing
- Double or triple glazing (where replacing single glazing)
- Secondary glazing (in addition to single glazing)
- Energy efficient replacement doors (replacing single glazed or solid doors installed before 2002)
The following measures are covered by the voucher:
- Hot water tank thermostat
- Hot water tank insulation
- Heating controls
How it Works with 4 easy steps
How can I apply?
You can apply for a voucher from the end of September 2020. Before you apply, you can use the link below to:
- Check if you’re eligible for a voucher.
- Check what improvements may be suitable for your home.
- Choose which improvements you would like and see an estimate of how much they may cost.
- Find accredited tradespeople to get quotes from to carry out the work such as Ecovair Energy.